Workiva uses machine translation to translate text in cells and entire spreadsheets. You can improve translation accuracy by uploading a glossary of product names, acronyms, and key terms unique to your business.
- Translation is available only for supported languages
- Contact us if you need to enable translation in your workspace.
You can translate pieces of text in your presentation by typing in the Translation panel or selecting existing text in a slide.
You can type directly into the Translate Selection panel to see your text translated in real time.
To translate text:
- Open the Language Translation panel to view the Translate Selection tab.
- Click the second dropdown and select a language to translate to. If you’re translating from a language other than the locale set in Presentation Properties, adjust the selected language in the first dropdown to match the language of your text.
- Begin typing in the first text box. Your translated text automatically appears in the second box.
- Copy the text from the second text box and use CTRL + V to add the translated text to your presentation.
Note: You can translate up to 3000 characters at a time.
You can directly translate a selection of text within cells in your presentation.
- Select the text you want to translate by highlighting it.
- Right-click the selection and choose Translate.
- Click the second dropdown at the top of the Translate Selection panel and select a language to translate to. The translation automatically appears in the second box.
- To add the translated text to your slide, click Copy Translation to Clipboard and paste it into your file using CTRL + V.
With the Language Translation panel open, you can select other text in your slide and see the new translation appear in the second text box.
Translate a presentation
You can also translate a specific slide or the entire presentation using the Language Translation panel.
- Open the Language Translation panel and select the Translate Presentation tab.
- Click the second dropdown and select a language to translate to. The language in the first dropdown is set by your presentation's locale.
- Click Translate and select to either translate the entire presentation or just selected slides. If you’d like to translate a set of slides, select them in the window and click Translate.
Your translation automatically opens in a new tab. You can also access this translation from the Translate Presentation tab at any time.
View a translation
The Language Translation panel lets you see what translations of your presentation have already been made. This panel lists translations for both the entire presentation and selected slides.
Click the open icon next to a translation to view it. The language code of the translated file appears in brackets next to the presentation's title.
When viewing a translation, you can view your presentation's layouts or create a new presentation to edit the translated content. You can also present your translated slides from this view.
Additionally, file owners can send their translated presentation for review. To share with collaborators outside of Workiva, you can export your presentation.