You may wish to create multiple layouts for your slides. Each layout is for a different purpose. One layout might be for your introduction. Another layout could be for informational slides. Another layout could be for a conclusion. Layouts can also vary the look of your content at key points.
You can switch between layouts at any point in a Presentation. If you change a slide layout, all slides based on that slide layout are updated.
Create a slide layout
To create a new slide layout:
- Click View in the toolbar.
- Click Layouts to view and edit slides layouts.
- Click the Add Layout button.
- Right-click to Rename your slide.
You can now edit the slide layout by adding text, graphics, colors, and formatting.
To adjust the layout dimensions of your presentation:
- Go to the File toolbar.
- Choose the Properties icon, then Presentation Properties.
- Choose the Slide Formats tab and set your desired width and height under Slide Layout .
Use a slide layout
Use a slide layout when creating a new slide by clicking the drop-down on the Add Slide button.
Change a slide layout
Change a slide layout in the Slide Properties panel on the right. Use the Slide Layout drop-down to choose the desired layout.
Delete a slide layout
To delete a slide layout:
- Go to the View toolbar and click Layouts .
- Right-click on the slide name and choose Delete .
- In the prompt that appears, click Delete to confirm you want to delete the slide layout.