Using Workiva for SEC Reporting? To help you get started, we recommend following the steps below to learn how to use the Workiva platform. You can view and enroll in tailored courses in the Learning Hub, view help articles and videos, and interact with others in community discussions.
Step 1: Sign up for training
The Learning Hub offers training and resources to learn new skills and improve your team’s work.
In the Learning Hub, review these courses and collections:
- Brand new to Workiva? Check out SEC (Level 1).
- Start with "Report: Access, Create, and Collaborate"
- Already familiar with Workiva? Check out SEC Reporting and XBRL/iXBRL.
Tip: You can also search for courses based on the titles and descriptions listed below.
|Common Practices for the SEC Filing Cycle||Filing with the SEC has never been easier with Workiva. No matter your experience, this course provides you with resources and common practices to help streamline your process.||50 min|
|Filing Demo||This demonstration will give a general introduction to using the Filing experience. This includes an overview of getting started with creating a filing process, preparing your submission and test/live filing.||15 min|
|Section 16 Demo||This demonstration will give an introduction to using the Section 16 features to create, manage, and file Forms 3, 4, and 5. Each of the major functionalities will be described in this demo with a focus on getting started with Section 16.||20 min|
|Creating and Utilizing Certifications||Create, send, review and track electronic sign-off and processes using Workiva Certifications. Learn how to roll forward and view activity on individual certs for your audit trail.||27 min|
|Review iXBRL in Documents||Save time reviewing and explore features that can be used to review iXBRL directly in documents.||10 min|
|iXBRL Validation Messages||Learn how to navigate the Validation Message panel and how to investigate three common XBRL errors.||11 min|
Step 2: Learn about features
Here are some of the main features in Workiva you'll use for SEC Reporting. Click on each to get an introduction and to learn more.
Step 3: Check out help articles
In Support Center, you can find several help articles for self-service learning. For SEC Reporting, we recommend checking the following:
- Attachments in Documents - upload your support documentation or tie-out binder
- Markup Attachments - review and markup support documentation or evidence
- Hyperlinking the exhibit index- learn how to hyperlink exhibit files in Workiva
- SEC image requirements - verify you are using the correct image formats
- Generate XBRL - to check for tagging and XBRL validation
- Test file- review your filing to check for any issues
- Roll forward a folder- create a new set of files for your next quarterly report
Want a detailed list of what you can do to prepare for filing? See how to have a great filing.
Step 4: Ask, learn, and share
Have questions about the Workiva Platform? Want to check out some tips from fellow users? Look no further that the Workiva Community! Here are some of the most popular topics:
While you’re there, don’t hesitate to pass along your feedback and subscribe to receive platform updates.
If you have questions or need help, please contact support anytime.