Using Workiva for SEC Reporting? To help you get started, we recommend following the steps below to learn how to use the Workiva platform. You can view and enroll in tailored courses in the Learning Hub, view help articles and videos, and interact with others in community discussions.
Sign up for training
The Learning Experience Guide will help you find the best courses for your use case. Answer a few questions about how you use Workiva, select your courses, and have your customized learning plan emailed instantaneously. This guide is also available on www.workiva.com/education.
The Learning Hub offers training and resources to learn new skills and improve your team’s work.
Learn about features
Here are some of the main features in Workiva you'll use for SEC Reporting. Click on each to get an introduction and to learn more.
Check out help articles
In Support Center, you can find several help articles for self-service learning. For SEC Reporting, we recommend checking the following:
- Attachments in Documents - upload your support documentation or tie-out binder
- Markup Attachments - review and markup support documentation or evidence
- Hyperlinking the exhibit index - learn how to hyperlink exhibit files in Workiva
- SEC image requirements - verify you are using the correct image formats
- Generate XBRL - to check for tagging and XBRL validation
- Test file - review your filing to check for any issues
- Roll forward a folder - create a new set of files for your next quarterly report
Want a detailed list of what you can do to prepare for filing? See how to have a great filing.
Ask, learn, and share
Have questions about the Workiva Platform? Want to check out some tips from fellow users? Look no further that the Workiva Community! Here are some of the most popular topics:
While you’re there, don’t hesitate to pass along your feedback and subscribe to receive platform updates.
If you have questions or need help, please contact Workiva Support anytime.