This article is for:
Generate XBRL to validate XBRL in your document, create reports, and create a revision for XBRL blacklines.
It is important to generate XBRL before starting a review if there have been significant changes either to the document or the XBRL.
Before you begin:
- Any changes made to XBRL in the document while generating XBRL are not included in that generation.
- When generating XBRL for a document using an XBRL profile that has multiple documents, XBRL is generated for all of the documents. Managing XBRL Profiles has additional information about handling multi-document XBRL profiles.
To generate XBRL:
- Open the document, click the XBRL tab, and make sure Show XBRL is on.
- Choose an XBRL profile if one is not already applied.
- Click Generate XBRL from the XBRL toolbar and choose whether you'd like to generate XBRL for the active section or the entire document. If Generate XBRL is disabled, make sure you have a profile selected.
- Review generated XBRL revisions in XBRL Generation History. The XBRL Generation History panel lists the generated revisions.
- Full document generations will appear under the XBRL Document Generation tab.
- The most recent section generation will appear under XBRL Section Generations. This generation will be kept until the end of your session.
Open XBRL Reports and Validation
To see reports and validation messages for a generation:
- Reports: Click the revision to expand and see available reports.
- Validation messages: Click the drop-down for the revision and select Show Validation Results. Validation Results open on the left.
Labels for Milestones
Add labels to a revision to help track milestones for your document. For example, you might label your document when it is in tech review, when you are done with tie-outs, or after you roll forward the dates.
To add labels to a generated revision:
- Select a revision from XBRL Generation History.
- Use Add labels to select existing labels to use or click Create label to create a new one.
- Remove a label by clicking Add or remove labels and unchecking the box next to the label you want to remove.