Workiva allows you to transfer tables, queries, parameters, tags, and other objects across workspaces.
As a workspace owner, you choose the specific files and folder structure to include in your export. The file recipient can then import the file to their own workspace and customize it to fit their needs. This solution is often used when sharing data models and solutions with third parties, promoting items between environments, or when creating copies of an existing setup.
- This feature is only available to Workspace Owners and Org Workspace Admins.
Assets in your workspace are compressed into a content bundle file (.cb) and downloaded to your computer. The .cb file can then be transferred and uploaded to another workspace.
To export your workspace:
- Go to Wdata Home.
- Select the files you'd like to export, and then click Export at the top right.
- Review the files and dependencies in your export. If everything looks right, click Export to download your file.
- Tables, queries, and global parameters are listed on this screen.
- Tags, tag values, and local parameters aren't listed here, but will be included in your export.
- Views can't be exported at this time.
What can I move across workspaces?
The following Wdata information can be exported and imported:
- Global and local parameters
- Tags and tag values
Data is not included in any of these exports.
Note: If a selected query uses a spreadsheet as a source, the spreadsheet will not be included in your export.
To import a .cb file into your workspace:
- Go to Wdata Home.
- At the top left, click Create > Import > Import Workiva File.
- Click Browse to open your computer's file viewer and select a .cb file.
- Choose an upload location in your workspace, add a prefix if desired, and click Import to finish.
- If no file location is selected, your top-level root directory will be used.
- Adding a prefix makes it easier to group, sort, and search through imported files.
Can I use the Move feature to copy Wdata objects?
Not at this time. You can quickly move most Wdesk items between workspaces, but Wdata items must be fully exported using the steps in this article.