Using Workiva for FERC Reporting? To help you get started, we recommend following the steps below to learn how to use the Workiva platform. You can view and enroll in tailored courses in the Learning Hub, view help articles and videos, and interact with others in community discussions.
Step 1: Sign up for training
The Learning Hub offers training and resources to learn new skills and improve your team’s work.
In the Learning Hub, review these courses and collections:
- Brand new to Workiva? Check out FERC (Level 1).
- Start with "Report: Access, Create, and Collaborate"
- For solution specific content, check out "Using FERC"
- Already familiar with Workiva? Check out FERC Reporting.
Tip: You can also search for courses based on the titles and descriptions listed below.
|FERC Forms: Printing and Reviewing||Walk through printing and reviewing your FERC forms before you file.||28 min|
|FERC Working with Spreadsheets Validations||Validations will help you verify the accuracy of your forms prior to filing. Explore how to maintain your Validations Spreadsheet as you customize the FERC Starter Package for your needs.||20 min|
|FERC Page Assignments and Dashboards||Learn how to track your progress on FERC forms through assigning preparers and reviewers, and attaching supporting documentation.||15 min|
|What is XBRL?||This six minute course defines XBRL and provides examples of how it compares to data you see everyday. It also provides a brief tour of the toolbars and side panels used to create, modify, or review XBRL in Workiva.||6 min|
Step 2: Learn about features
Here are some of the main features in Workiva you'll use for ESEF. Click on each to learn more.
Step 3: Check out help articles
In Support Center, you can find several help articles for self-service learning. For FERC reporting, we recommend you check out the following:
- What is Workiva? - gain an overall understanding of the Workiva platform
- Create or import a spreadsheet - how to leverage data from .csv or .xlsx files
- Manage spreadsheets - learn to create and manage sheets
- Add a Row to a Schedule - how to add additional line items in a schedule
- Manage FERC XBRL Footnotes - learn to report and manage XBRL footnotes
- FERC Roll Forward - learn how FERC roll forward can be automated or done manually
- Review FERC XBRL - important things to keep in mind while reviewing your FERC Form
Step 4: Ask, learn, and share
Have questions about the Workiva platform? Want to check out some tips from fellow users? Look no further than the Workiva Community.
In the community, you can share tips and tricks, and pass along your feedback. While you’re there, don’t hesitate to learn more about how to keep up with platform updates.
If you have questions or need help, please contact support anytime.