Create a task to assign work to be completed in a Workiva file. You can use tasks to request documentation, perform reviews, get approvals, or any other way to help you complete work within your file. Send a task to a group or multiple assignees, requiring only one person to complete it.
Create a task in a file
To create a task in a file:
- Click the Tasks icon in the right panel.
- Click the Create task icon at the top of the Tasks panel.
- In the Create task modal, add details to your task.
- Title: Provide a name for the task
- Assigned to: Begin typing a name to see a list of suggested collaborators to complete the task. If you add multiple assignees, each person will be sent a task, but only one assignee will need to complete it.
- Due date: (optional) Select the date when the task should be completed. Reminders for the task are sent three days before, the day of, and every day for three days after the due date.
- Approval by: (optional) Begin typing a name to see a list of suggested collaborators to approve completion of the task
- Approval due: (optional) Select a date when you'd like the approval to be complete, and a reminder will be sent three days before, the day of, and every day after the due date
- File: (optional) Search for and select a file where the task needs to be completed
- Section: (optional) Specify the section in the file where the task should be completed
- Instructions: (optional) Add notes or instructions to help collaborators complete the task
- Click Create.
Your task is created and now appears in each collaborator's task list.
Create a task from Home
You can also view and create tasks from the Tasks tab in Home. To create a new task from this tab, click Create task and add the details.
Click the Go to task icon to open the task directly in the assigned file.