Manage your tasks in a Workiva file. Send reminders to the assignees and keep track of a task's history. You can use tasks to request documentation, perform reviews, get approvals, or any other way to help you complete work within your file.
Send task reminders
You can manually remind assignees about tasks that they may have forgotten or ones that have a pending due date.
To send a task reminder:
- Find the task in your Tasks list in Home or in the Tasks right panel.
- Hover over the task you'd like to send a reminder for.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select Remind. This automatically sends a reminder to the assignee.
Note: If you've sent a reminder in error, you have a short amount of time to recall it by clicking Cancel in the notification message at the bottom right of your screen.
Review task activity
To track a task’s history, including when the task was created or when a reminder was sent, you can view a report of task activity.
To open the task activity report:
- Hover over the task in the Tasks panel and click the arrow.
- Select View activity from the drop-down menu. The modal shows a report of when the task was created, assigned, updated, approved, and restarted, as well as each time a reminder was sent.
To download the activity list as a PDF, select Export activity (.pdf) from the drop-down menu and then click Download activity (.pdf).