Create a task to assign work to be completed in a Workiva file. You can use tasks to request documentation, perform reviews, get approvals, or any other way to help you complete work within your file. Send a task to a group or multiple assignees, requiring only one person to complete it.
Create a task in a file
To create a task in a file:
- Click the Tasks icon in the right panel.
- Click the Create task icon at the top of the Tasks panel.
- In the Create task modal, add details to your task.
- Title: Provide a name for the task
- Assigned to: Begin typing a name to see a list of suggested collaborators to complete the task. If you add multiple assignees, each person will be sent a task, but only one assignee will need to complete it.
- Due date: (optional) Select the date for when the task should be completed
- Approval by: (optional) Begin typing a name to see a list of suggested collaborators to approve completion of the task
- Approval due: (optional) Select the date for when you'd like the approval to be completed
- File: (optional) Search for and select a file where the task needs to be completed
- Section: (optional) Specify the section in the file where the task should be completed
- Instructions: (optional) Add notes or instructions to help collaborators complete the task
- Click Create.
Your task is created and now appears in each collaborator's task list.
Create a task from Home
You can also view and create tasks from the Tasks tab in Home. To create a new task from this tab, click Create task and add the details.
Click the Go to task icon to open the task directly in the assigned file.