Create a Task in a File
You can create and assign tasks to help you manage projects, organize responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
To create a task in a file:
- Click the Task icon in the right panel.
- Click the Create Task icon at the top of the Tasks panel to create a new task.
- Add details to your task including a title, description, and due date. Reminders for the task are sent the day of and the day after the due date.
- Begin typing a name in the assignee box to see suggested users in a dropdown list.
- Select the name you wish to assign the task.
- Click on the dropdown box under Location to select the section in the document for the task.
- Click Create Task.
Create a Task from Home
You can also view tasks from the Tasks dashboard in Home. On the Tasks tab, you can create a task by clicking the Create Task button.
Clicking the Go to Task button opens the task directly in the assigned file.