You can create and assign tasks in Wdesk to help you manage projects, organize responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
To create a task from within a file:
- Click the Task icon in the right panel.
- Click the Create Task icon at the top of the Tasks panel to open the Create Task modal.
- Add details to your task including a title, description, and due date. Reminders are sent on the day of and the day after the due date.
- Begin typing a name in the assignee box to see suggested users in a dropdown list.
- Select to assign the task to the current section or the entire file.
- Click Create Task.
Creating and Managing Tasks in Home
You can also view tasks from the Tasks dashboard in Home. On the Tasks tab, you can create a task by clicking the Create Task button.
Tasks created in Home are not associated with a file and can be used for general workflow tasks, like reminders or to-do lists. To learn more about editing tasks, see Managing Tasks.
Clicking the Go to Task button opens the task directly in the assigned file, or takes you to the attachment portal if it is an attachment request.