Charts are built using a table of data. Update the values in your table and the chart automatically updates. Learn how to insert and edit over a dozen different chart types. Format your charts and view the chart data table. Save charts to PNG or JPG to share or reuse.
Insert a chart in Presentations
To insert a chart in a presentation:
- Click the Chart icon on the Edit toolbar.
- Choose the type of chart you’d like to insert.
Format charts in Presentations
You can format charts to customize the appearance and to clarify the data presented. Formatting options include:
- Chart Sizes & Page Placement
- Spacing for Charts
- Chart Borders
- Background Colors for Charts
To format a chart in Presentations:
- Right-click on the chart.
- Click Chart Properties.
- Modify the size of the chart using the Width and Height boxes.
- Format other aspects of the appearance of the chart as needed.
For more information about modifying charts, see the following articles:
View chart data
To view chart properties or data:
- Select the chart.
- Right-click to access menu options.
- Click View Chart Data.
You can also navigate to the data using the Chart Data icon in the Edit toolbar.
To get a split screen view:
- Click the Data icon in the Edit toolbar.
- Drag the tab for the data table to the right.
- Drop the data table in the blue rectangle that appears.
Changes you make in the data table are reflected in the chart.
Save charts in Presentations
If you right-click on a chart, you have options to Save As a JPEG or PNG.
Delete a chart in Presentations
To delete a chart, click and drag over the chart and use Delete on your keyboard.