This article is for:
- Org User Admins
Org User Admins can update a user's organization role as needed. In the People section, you can view all users, filter by role, or search for a specific user. At the organization level, you can only assign a role that you have to another user.
For example, if you only have the Org User Admin role, you can only assign the Org User Admin role to other users in the organization. But if you have two roles, such as Org User Admin and Org Security Admin, you can assign both roles to users. Additionally, if you have all three Org Admin roles, you can assign each of them in an organization.
Below lists what role is needed to assign a particular Org Admin role:
|Role to assign||Roles you need in order to assign it|
|Org User Admin||Org User Admin|
|Org Workspace Admin||Org User Admin + Org Workspace Admin|
|Org Security Admin||Org User Admin + Org Security Admin|
Change a user's role
To change a user's role:
- Click your name in the bottom left, then select Organization Admin.
- Select People .
- Find the person you’d like to update by searching or scrolling through the member list.
- Click the edit icon or double-click the organization role.
- Select a role and click the check icon or press enter.
- Click Apply Changes.
You can also change a user role by checking the box next to a user and then clicking Edit Roles in the toolbar.
Update multiple users
When you have several users to update, you can assign or remove roles in bulk to save time. It's best to update users at the same time that you want to have the same role. For example, select every user you want to set as an Org User Admin.
To update multiple user roles at the same time:
- In Organization Admin, click People .
- Check the box next to the members you want to update.
- Click Edit Roles .
- Check to apply a role or uncheck to remove a role. A dash in a checkbox indicates that some of the selected members already have this role. Roles that are grayed out cannot be assigned. Then, click Apply.
- Click Apply Changes in the toolbar to finish.