This article is for:
- Org User Admins
Basics of adding users
Org User Admins can add and manage users in an organization. When adding a new user, you can use an email address as the username or set a unique value. Usernames cannot include spaces or capital letters.
What you need:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
Add a new user
To add a new user to your organization:
- Click your name in the bottom left, then select Organization Admin.
- Click People .
- Click Add and select Add users.
- Enter the new user’s information and select options for any needed roles or licenses.
- Click Add user or Save and Add Another to continue adding more users.
After you've added users, they can then be added to workspaces in your organization. To learn more, see Add users to a workspace.
Add an existing user
You can add a user that already exists in another organization to your organization. To add them, follow the same steps as adding a new user above. There are a few important management differences when adding an existing user from another organization:
- The user is managed by another organization. This means you won't be able to reset the user's password, change their profile information, or activate or suspend them.
- Your organization's password requirements will not apply to this user.
- Activity Logs for sign-in, sign-out, and user management activities will not be included in your organization's activity log and will only be available to the organization that manages the user.
Note: If your organization requires SSO for sign-in, and the user you're adding is owned by another organization that does not use SSO, you will have to add them to your SSO bypass list.
You can choose to send the existing user a welcome email by following the steps below. If you have additional questions, please contact Support before continuing to add the user.
Welcome emails are sent to users when they are added to a new workspace. They contain sign-in details and a temporary password that expires after 5 days. After signing in for the first time, users are required to enter a new password.
Note: If you send a welcome email before a user is added to a workspace, they won't be able to access anything.
If needed, you can resend a welcome email to provide a new temporary password. To resend a welcome email:
- In Organization Admin, click People .
- Find the user and check the box next to them.
- Click Welcome in the toolbar.
- Click Send Email to finish.
Here are examples of what welcome and workspace invitation emails look like.
Contains sign-in details and a temporary password.
Workspace invitation email
Contains workspace details and a link to the workspace.