Org User Admins can add and manage users in an organization. When adding a new user, you can use an email address as the username or set a unique value. Usernames can't include spaces or capital letters.
What you need:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
Add a new user
To add a new user to your organization:
- Select your name in the bottom left, then click Organization Admin.
- Select the People tab.
- Click Add and select Add users.
- Enter the new user’s information and assign organization roles if needed.
- Click Add user.
After you've added users to the organization, they can then be added to workspaces in your organization. To learn more, see Add users to a workspace.
Add an existing user
You can add a user that already exists in another organization to your organization. To add them, follow the same steps as adding a new user above. There are a few important management differences when adding an existing user from another organization:
- The user is managed by another organization. This means you won't be able to reset the user's password, change their profile information, or activate or suspend them.
- Your organization's password requirements will not apply to this user.
- Activity Logs for sign-in, sign-out, and user management activities will not be included in your organization's activity log and will only be available to the organization that manages the user.
Note: If your organization requires SAML single sign-on (SSO), and the user you're adding is owned by another organization that does not use SSO, you will have to add them to your SAML single sign-on bypass list.
You can choose to send the existing user a welcome email by following the steps below. If you have additional questions, contact Workiva Support before continuing to add the user.
Add multiple users from CSV file
To add a list of users to an organization using a CSV file:
- On the People tab, click Add and select Add users from file.
- Click Download Template to help you with accurate formatting, and fill it out. Usernames must be unique and email addresses must be valid. If you're using your own file, make sure that the column headings match the headings in the template. A valid CSV file looks like this:
- Upload the file and click Next.
- Review the list of users that were obtained from the file.
Note: If the user already exists in another organization, their email, first name, and last name won’t be updated if you add them. Select Include users with warnings to add them anyways.
- Click Add users.
- Click Upload another file to add more users from another file, or click Close to finish.
Send welcome emails
Welcome emails containing sign-in details are sent to users when they are added to a new workspace. Users will need to follow the authentication instructions in the email to sign into Workiva. Links in the email will expire in 24 hours.
Note: If you send a welcome email before a user is added to a workspace, they won't be able to access anything.
If needed, you can resend welcome emails to provide sign-in instructions again. Only Org User Admins can resend welcome emails to existing users. To resend a welcome email:
- On the People tab, select the existing users whom you want to resend the welcome emails to.
- Click Welcome.
- Click Send to resend welcome emails to your selected users.