This article is for:
- Workspace Owners
- Org Workspace Admins
Basics of Inviting Members
Note: To invite a member to a workspace, they need to be a user in your organization. See Add a New User for details.
Workspace Owners and Org Workspace Admins can invite members to a workspace to collaborate on documents and data. You can search for and invite any existing user in your organization to a workspace. If you can’t find them, you may need to have an Org User Admins add them as a user.
When you invite someone to a workspace, you can choose to send a welcome email. Welcome emails are sent to new users when they are invited to their first workspace and contain sign-in details. If you choose not to send a welcome, only Org User Admins can resend it at a later time.
Invite a New Member
To invite someone to a workspace:
- In the top left, click the People icon.
- On the Members tab, click Invite and then select Add from your organization.
- Find the people you’d like to invite by searching or scrolling through the list. You can select to hide existing workspaces members to help with searching and filtering for people.
- Check the box next to the member’s name.
- Choose to notify them they've been added to the workspace or send a welcome email by checking the boxes. Note: If you uncheck send welcome email to new users, only Org User Admins can resend it.
- Click Invite.
When you invite someone to a workspace, they are automatically added to the All Users group. From there, you can update a member’s role or add them to groups.