Insert a Table in Presentations
To insert a table into your Presentation:
- Click the Table icon on the Edit tab. A table with five columns and ten rows will be inserted.
- Click and drag the table to move as needed on your slide.
- Select the table to access appropriate formatting tools in the Edit tab.
- Right-click on row and column indicators to add or remove columns and rows.
- Click and drag on the borders between columns and rows to resize.
To adjust the table defaults:
- Click the Properties icon in the File menu.
- Click Presentations Properties.
- Click the Table Formats tab and make adjustments to Entered In, Shown In, Formulas and Decimals.
Merge Table Cells
To merge cells in a table:
- Selecting the cells you wish to merge.
- Right-click and select Merge Cells .
To split a cell or range of cells in a table:
- Select the cell(s) you wish to split.
- Right-click and choose Unmerge .
Lock Table Cells
Locking selected cells prevents changes to data, including changes to the formatting. Only a document owner can lock or unlock cells. Locking only a destination cell will still allow for the value of that cell to be changed at the source.
To lock a cell:
- Select the cell(s) in the table.
- Choose the Lock icon in the Edit toolbar.
Format Cell Properties
To open the Formats panel, right click on the table and select Cell Properties . Here you can see several options for modifying cell contents:
- Alternate Row Fill
- Value Formatting
- Advanced Options
- Row and Column Size
Table cells in presentations can also be formatted using the formatting icons in the Edit toolbar. Use the toolbar to add a background color, format the text within the table cells, add colored borders or custom borders and align the contents of the cells.
Copy a Table in Presentations
To copy a table from one slide to another:
- Click on the table to select.
- Click the upper left-hand corner cell.
- Right-click on the table and choose Copy or use Ctrl+C on your keyboard.
- Move your cursor to the slide for the new table and use Ctrl+V to paste.
Note: You can also copy an existing table from a document and paste it into a blank Presentations table. To do this, you must first insert the blank table from the Presentations Edit tab.
To delete a table, click and drag over the table to select and press Delete on your keyboard.