Add tables to your Presentation to display large amounts of data. Edit tables and format right within your Presentation. Learn how to lock table cells to prevent changes. Work with cell properties including alternate row fill, value formatting, decimals and more.
Insert a table
To insert a table into your Presentation:
- Click the Table icon on the Edit tab. A table with five columns and ten rows is inserted.
- Click and drag the table to move as needed on your slide.
- Select the table to access appropriate formatting tools in the Edit tab.
- Right-click on row and column indicators to add or remove columns and rows.
- Click and drag on the borders between columns and rows to resize.
Inserting a table in a Presentation functions the same as inserting a table in a document. Learn more in the article and associated videos in Create a table.
Adjust table defaults
To adjust the table defaults:
- Click the Properties icon in the File menu.
- Click Presentations Properties.
- Click the Table Formats tab and make adjustments to Entered In, Shown In, Formulas and Decimals.
Merge and split table cells
Merging and splitting table cells in Presentations functions the same as table cells in documents. To learn more, see the article and video in Manage a table.
To merge cells in a table:
- Selecting the cells you wish to merge.
- Right-click and select Merge Cells .
To split a cell or range of cells in a table:
- Select the cell(s) you wish to split.
- Right-click and choose Unmerge .
Lock table cells
Locking selected cells prevents changes to data, including changes to the formatting. Only a Presentation owner can lock or unlock cells. You can still change the value of the cell at the source. To learn more about locking cells, see the article and associated videos called Manage a table.
To lock a cell:
- Select the cell(s) in the table.
- Choose the Lock icon in the Edit toolbar.
Table cells in Presentations are modified in the same ways as table cells in documents. To learn more, see the article and videos called Styling in tables.
To open the Formats panel, right click on the table and select Cell Properties . Here you can see several options for modifying cell contents:
- Alternate Row Fill
- Value Formatting
- Decimals (Automatic Options)
- Leader Dots (Advanced Options)
- Row and Column Size
You can also format table cells using the formatting icons in the Edit toolbar. These table cell formatting options include:
- Add a background color
- Format the text within the table cell
- Add custom borders
- Align the contents of the cells
Copy a table
To copy a table from one slide to another:
- Click on the table to select.
- Right-click the upper left-hand corner cell.
- Choose Copy or use Ctrl+C on your keyboard.
- Move your cursor to the slide for the new table and use Ctrl+V to paste.
Note: You can also copy an existing table from a document and paste it into a blank Presentations table. To do this, you must first insert a blank table from the Edit tab.
Delete a table
To delete a table:
- Right-click anywhere on your table.
- Choose Delete Table from the drop-down menu.