While ESG Program metrics collect single annual values by default, you can set up a metric to collect multiple values based on:
- Quarterly or monthly data frequency
- A custom dimension, such as location or business unit
From a metric, you can click Configure metric and set up its values' data collection from the Configure metric panel.
Note: You can configure a metric only when its tasks have not yet been sent for data collection. To edit a metric's configuration, first cancel its in-progress tasks.
Set up the values' type and frequency
From a metric, you can collect a single annual value, or multiple values on a monthly or quarterly basis. For example, while you may track purchased energy based on monthly utility bills, you may collect other values less frequently.
From the Configure metric panel, in Metric value, select the type of value to collect, and how often:
- In Collection frequency, select how often to collect the metric's values — Yearly, Quarterly, or Monthly.
Note: If you edit a metric's frequency, you remove any values entered for the previous frequency's periods. To return to those values, you can select their original frequency again, but any you'll have to reconnect any source files.
- In Value type, select the type of data to collect for the metric:
- Number, such as for a quantitative value or measurement
- Currency, for a monetary amount
- Percent, for a percentage or rate
- Text, such as for a qualitative response
- Date, such as for time-based data
- For a Number, Currency, or Percent, select its unit of measurement.
Collect values based on a dimension
You can track multiple values for a single metric based on a dimension custom to your company, such as location or business unit. From the Configure metric panel, in Row, select the dimension to collect values for.
Note: If you select a different dimension for a metric, you remove any values entered for the previous dimension. To return to those values, you can select their dimension again, but you'll have to reconnect any source files.
For each dimension value, click Edit to manage its metric value, its assignment, and any notes or supporting attachments.