Workiva offers many Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). An API is a set of protocols that allow for building software applications that access the features and data of an application or their service. APIs are commonly used by developers to integrate different software systems, allowing them to share data and functionality. APIs make it easier for developers to create new applications that can interact with existing systems. Workiva's APIs are free to use and span the Workiva Platform. They are routinely expanded upon and new endpoints are frequently added.
Many of the Workiva API endpoints have a corresponding dedicated Command available in the Workiva Connector. However, some API endpoints may not currently have a dedicated built-in Command in Chains. These endpoints can still be utilized within Chains using the HTTP Requests Connector.
Below are links to developer documentation for the API offerings.
- The main landing page that links to the various API documentation
- Platform API
- Interact with core components of the Workiva platform including Documents, Files, Graph, Presentations, Spreadsheets, Tasks, Test Forms, and Users
- Admin API
- Manage users, organizations, and workspaces within the Workiva platform
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) API
- Securely create Workiva Developer API requests
- Spreadsheets API
- Import, update, and fetch data from Spreadsheets. Use of the Spreadsheets Platform API is encouraged over the Spreadsheets API
- Wdata API
- Connect, curate, and explore data within Wdata
- Chains API
- Manage chain runs, and retrieve metadata about your workspace
It is leading practice to include error handling and rate usage monitoring in your applications. If you do reach a limit, the Workiva APIs will respond with `429 Too Many Requests` status code. You can find information on the limits for each API in the "Limits" section of the API documentation. For example, you can find the Platform API Limits here. You are also encouraged to review the API Rate Limits documentation for more details.
Accedi per aggiungere un commento.