With the HTTP Request connector, you can use commands in a chain to perform hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP)
DELETE requests to a given URL. For example, you can use this connector in a chain to connect and automate other solutions through their respective connectors.
Note: While the connector has no OData-specific features, you can use a command's Headers or Query string input to include any necessary additional components of a request.
Set up the HTTP Request connector
Note: To make the connector available for use in your organization's chains, an org security administrator first enables it from Configuration.
- From Chain Builder, click Connections , and then Create at the top right.
- Under BizApp Connection, select HTTP Request and the default CloudRunner.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the connector.
- Select the environments to use the connection, and click Save.
- To test the connection, create and run a chain with the connector's GET command, and verify it returns a valid output.
Manage credentials for secure HTTP requests
To secure the connector's HTTP requests, you can set up its commands with:
- Basic username and password authentication
- Privacy-Enhanced Mail (PEM)-encoded certificates, such as for mutual Transport Layer Security (mTLS) authentication
Note: Workiva does not generate certificates for HTTP requests. To use PEM-encoded certificates, provide the public/private key pair to send with requests and an optional Certificate Authority (CA) certificate.
To set up a command with credentials:
- In Chain Builder, upload the certificates as workspace resources.
- When you set up the connector's command, select the certificates as properties:
- For basic authentication, enter or select the credentials in User name and Password.
- For the public/private key pair, select their resources in Certificate and Certificate private key, respectively.
- For an optional CA certificate, select its resource in CA certificate.