This article is for:
- Org Security Admins
The Activity Retention setting controls how long Workiva stores activity log entries. By default, the setting's checkbox will be selected and Workiva will only store the activity log entries from the past 365 days. Any time this setting is changed, an activity entry will be published to the org activity log.
When the setting’s checkbox is selected:
- Activity log entries older than 365 days are automatically archived and then permanently deleted 30 days later.
- Only org and workspace activity logs are affected. There will be no impact on the SSO activity log.
- Depending on the size of your activity logs, it may take some time to finish clearing old entries.
You can export any existing activity logs for your organization or a specific workspace if you'd like to keep a copy of those logs outside of Workiva.
Retain all historical activity logs
To change the Activity Retention setting’s default to instead retain all historical activity logs:
- From Org Admin, go to Security.
- Click the Activity Retention tab.
- Deselect the checkbox.
- Click Save Changes. All historical activity logs will now be retained and entries older than 365 days will not be cleared.