This article is for:
- Workspace Owners
The activities list provides a list of actions performed in a workspace. You can see everything from users signing in to changes in workspace settings. Activities are arranged with the most recent actions at the top and the oldest at the bottom.
To view activities in a workspace:
- From Home, click Settings in the Workspace Switcher.
- Click the Activities tab.
By default, you’ll see the first 100 workspace activities. You can scroll down to load and see more activities. Scroll to the right to see additional activity details, such as time and IP address.
To filter activities by date, select a Date Range.
- Summary: a description of the activity performed
- Performed by (name): the name of the user performing the activity
- Applied to (name): the name of the user receiving the activity, if applicable
- Action: the type of the activity, such as changing a workspace setting or copying a document
- Time: the time the activity occurred in UTC
- IP Address: the IP address where the activity came from
- Performed by (username): the username of the person performing the action
- Applied to (username): the username of the person impacted by the activity, if applicable
- Details: technical information about the activity
Why are there duplicate activities?
Workiva is in the process of phasing out Classic activities and introducing a set of new, more standard activities. During this transitional phase, you may see duplicate activities logged in your report. To help you identify the Classic activities being phased out, they are highlighted in the Action column of your reports. If you rely on the names of these Classic activities today, we recommend that you transition to referencing the new activity name instead.
You can export activities to a .csv if you need to do additional filtering or to share activity data.
To export workspace activities:
- From Activities, click Export.
- Enter both a start and end date.
- If needed, set a username or action filters to narrow your export. Check Include details if you want to the export to include additional technical information.
- Click Export to finish.