Labeling sections in your outline provides pertinent information at a glance. This could be the current status of a section, who is working on a section, or the section’s priority.
Labels can also be used for comments. See Comments in Presentations for more information.
Enable outline labels
To enable outline labels:
- Click the gray circle in the top right corner of the presentation outline.
- Click Enable Labels.
Four default labels are available: Not Started, In Progress, Waiting, and Final.
Edit outline labels
To edit outline label names:
- Click in the name field found to the right of a label’s color indicator.
- Enter the name you’d like to use.
- Press Enter on your keyboard or click outside of the name field and choose Edit.
To change the label colors:
- Click on the color circle next to the label name.
- Choose your new color.
Label changes are shown to team members in real time.
Create a new outline label
To create a new label:
- From the Manage Labels window, click +New Label.
- Press Enter or the Space key to edit.
- Enter a name for the new label.
The new label will be added at the bottom of the list and be assigned a new color.
Apply and remove outline labels
To apply a label:
- Click the label button to the left of a section name.
- Select the label you’d like to apply from the list of available labels.
To remove a label from the label options:
- Open the Outline Labels window.
- Click the drop-down arrow to the right of the label’s name.
- Choose Remove.
To apply a label to all sections or remove all labels:
- Open the outline label window at the top of the outline.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the label you’d like to apply.
- Choose Apply to All Sections or Remove options.
At the bottom of the Manage labels box there are More Options. This includes Clear Labels from Outline and Disable Labels. Before the labels are removed, you will be asked to confirm your decision, as this action cannot be undone.
Disable Labels does not remove applied labels or delete created labels, so any work done with labels may be continued by reactivating labels.