Comments allow collaborators to give feedback on a Presentation. Comments can be added to a Presentation even when the file is locked for editing. Use the Comments panel to create and manage comments. Navigate among comments and filter them as needed. Comments can be included in Presentation reviews.
Add a comment
To add a comment to your Presentation:
- Select some text, a shape, chart, image, cell or table. If you are working in text and do not make a selection, the word nearest to your cursor will automatically be selected.
- Right click and choose Add Comment. This will open the Comments panel to the right.
- Enter your text in the New Comment field.
- Choose Post.
To direct a comment to an individual or a group, type @ in your comment text. This will generate auto-complete options. To notify everyone in a thread, type @thread.
When @ mentions are included in a comment, an email will be sent to all individuals and group members. Posting or replying to a comment with a group @ mention generates an email notification to all group members.
You can manage your comment notifications for each document. In the Comments panel, click on the notifications icon in the upper right-hand corner. You can choose to receive an email for all replies to a thread, or just when you're @ mentioned (your username, a group you're in, or an @thread mention).
You can reply, edit, move and resolve comments in Presentations. The owner of a Presentation can also delete comments.
To manage comments:
- Hover over a comment in the Comments panel.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the far right.
- Select the appropriate option from the drop-down menu.
- Resolve, delete or move the comment as desired.
To edit a comment, hover over the comment text until the pencil icon appears. Double-click to edit. To reply to a comment, click in the Reply field and enter your text. Then choose the Post button.
When you have a new comment, a small number will appear just below the profile picture on the comment so that you are alerted to new messages.
Another way to manage and organize comments is with labels. Labels can be created, removed, renamed and assigned new colors as needed.
To add labels to comments in the Comments panel:
- Hover over the card and click on the circle in the upper right corner.
- Choose the appropriate label.
To manage your available labels:
- Click on the circle icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Comments panel. This brings up the Manage Comments Labels pop-up window.
- To create a new label, click the +New Label option at the bottom of the panel. Double-click to edit the label title.
- To change the color of an existing label, click on the circle for the label and choose a new color. To edit the name of an existing label, double-click on the label text.
- Click on the drop-down arrow to Apply to All Comments or Remove a label.
- Click on the drop-down for More Options at the bottom of the pop-up window To Clear Labels From Comments.
Navigate among comments
Comments are noted in the gray comment icon next to the slide title in the Presentation outline panel. Hover to see the number of comments per slide.
Open the Comments panel to the right to see all comments in the presentation. Move through the comments using the Move Up and Move Down arrows at the top of the panel. To see the slide location for a comment, click the blue Jump to Location icon. Blue highlights on the Presentation slides indicate the presence of one or more comments.
To see comment information, click your cursor into highlighted text while the Comments panel is open. The corresponding comment will automatically expand and be indicated by a blue border.
If there are multiple comments in the same text selection, the comment opens for the most specific selection closest to your cursor.
To filter comments:
- Click on the Comment icon on the far right.
- Click on the blue Filter icon in the Comment panel.
- Select how you want to filter your comment. Choose Show for the Entire document or Current section.
- You can also filter by Status, Mentions, Send for Review, Date Updated, Author and Content.
- Reset Filters by clicking on the button at the bottom right of the filter options.
Sometimes text to which a comment is connected is removed from a Presentation. When this happens, an icon indicating that the comment has been disconnected will appear in the comment panel.
The content of the original selection (up to 400 characters of text) also appears in the appropriate comment card. This allows you to understand and potentially adjust or reconstruct changes.