This article is for:
- Workspace Owners, Content Managers
As a Workspace Owner, you can review details when someone copies, imports, exports a file or folder in a workspace. This helps you to keep track of what is happening with your files and folders. Additionally, if you run into issues copying or importing files, you can review details to troubleshoot.
View file actions
To view file actions in a workspace:
- From Home, click Settings .
- In Workspace Settings, click the Content tab.
- There, you can scroll the list of files to review file actions. Items are listed with the most recent first.
As you review file actions, you’ll see details listed for each:
- Action lists the specific action that happened, such as copy or import.
- Item shows the file or folder receiving the action.
- Started lets you know when the action took place.
- Status shows the progress or finished status of the action, such as completed or cancelled.
Review action details
To review more details about an action on a file or folder, find the item and click on the row. You’ll then see a details panel on the right with additional information. In the example below, we copied a document, and since it has source links from a spreadsheet, that file was also copied.
- Location shows the folder where the action took place.
- Elapsed Time tells you how long it took to perform the action.
- Original Files lists the files you started with for a copy or transition. If it's an import or export, it shows the files selected.
- New Files lists the new files from the copy or transition.
For actions such as export and transition, you can access the export and jump to the transition report from the context menu.