After you run a linked files report, there are a few additional options to view and worked with linked file details. For individual files on the report, you can create a spreadsheet of all the links in that file. You can also download a list of all of the linked files on the report. You can use the file list when you transition to pick specific files to include or exclude from the transition.
Download a file list
When you run a linked files report, you can option to download a .csv file that includes a listing of all linked files, along with additional details.
To download a file list:
- Open a Linked Files Report.
- Click Export and select File List (.csv).
- The file will automatically download to your computer.
After the download completes, you can open the .csv file on your computer or import it into a spreadsheet in Workiva.
- File Name contains the name of the linked file.
- File Type lets you know the type of a file, such as a Spreadsheet or Document.
- Category shows the type of link relationship.
- Inside indicates that a file is in the files you selected.
- Outside indicates that a file is not in the files you selected and contains a source link needed by the selected files.
- Dependent indicates that a file is not in the files you selected and contains a destination link that relies on values in the selected or outside files.
- Document ID contains the specific file ID.
- Created Date lists the date the file was created.
- Last Modified lists the date the file was last changed.
- File URL provides a direct link to the file.
- Include is used to indicate if you want to include the file when you use the file list for transition.
Export linked files
From the Linked Files Report, you can export files as a Wdesk file (.tar.gz) that you can then use to import into a workspace. When you export files from the Linked Files Report, you can choose to included or excluded specific files, along with several export options.
If you exclude files from the export, here’s how links are handled:
- Source links in text are kept
- Source links in tables are removed, if all destination links are in excluded files
- Destination links referencing files documents are removed
To export files:
- Open a Linked Files Report.
- Click Export and select Wdesk File (.tar.gz).
- Next, select export settings and review which files you want to export. To exclude a file, uncheck the box next to it.
- Click Export to finish.
To download your export, you'll get an email when the export completes or you can click download in the notification in the lower right..
View a list of file links
You can view a listing of all the links for a specific file. This is helpful when you want to review the total listing of all links in a file.
To view link details for an individual file:
- Find a file in your linked file report.
- Place your cursor on the file.
- Click Create Spreadsheet of File Links from the drop-down menu.
- After it is created, click Open Report in the notification in the lower right.
- You can then review a spreadsheet of all the links for that file.