After you run a linked files report, there are a few additional options to view and worked with linked file details. For individual files on the report, you can create a spreadsheet of all the links in that file. You can also download a list of all of the linked files on the report. You can use the file list when you transition to pick specific files to include or exclude from the transition.
Download a File List
When you run a linked files report, you can option to download a .csv file that includes a listing of all linked files, along with additional details.
To download a file list:
- Open a Linked Files Report.
- Click File List (.csv) .
- The file will automatically download to your computer.
After the download completes, you can open the .csv file on your computer.
- File Name contains the name of the linked file.
- File Type lets you know the type of a file, such as a Spreadsheet or Classic Document.
- Category shows the type of link relationship. Inside indicates a file is in the files you selected. Outside indicates the file is not in the files you selected.
- Document ID contains the specific file ID.
- Created Date lists the date the file was created.
- Last Modified lists the date the file was last changed.
- File URL provides a direct link to the file.
- Include is used to indicate if you want to include the file when you use the file list for transition.
View a List of Files Links
You can view a listing of all the links for a specific file. This is helpful when you want to review the total listing of all links in a file.
To view link details for an individual file:
- Find a file in your linked file report.
- Place your cursor on the file.
- Click Create Spreadsheet of File Links from the drop-down menu.
- After it is created, click Open Report in the notification in the lower right.