Tasks allow you to assign and respond to your to-dos in the same environment that you use to create your documents and reports. You can request documentation, reviews, approvals, or any other task from within your document, spreadsheet, or presentation.
You can quickly create and send tasks in bulk to individual collaborators. You also have the option to assign a single task to a group of assignees, requiring only one of them to complete it.
Ways to use tasks
You can use tasks for several different reasons. Here are a few ways you can use tasks:
- Requests- Send a request for information to be added to a document.
- Reviews- If a document or section needs to be reviewed you can send a task request to have this completed.
- Approvals- Tasks are a great way to assign final approvals and keep track of where approvals are in the process.
- Other Tasks- You can create any other task to meet your needs.
Tasks are found in Home under the tasks Tasks tab. There you can see tasks across files that are assigned to you, tasks you created, tasks needing your approval, or all tasks. The icon next to the title shows the status of the task: Sent, Returned, Approval, or Complete.
Customize your view of the Tasks list using the configurable columns. Click the plus icon to add another column or click on a column heading to view the configuration options.
- Sort ascending: Sorts the list in ascending order of the items in that column
- Sort descending: Sorts the list in descending order of the items in that column
- Move column left: Moves the selected column one space to the left
- Move column right: Moves the selected column one space to the right
- Show column: Select other available columns to add to the view to the right
- Remove column: Removes the selected column from the view
You can also access tasks in any document in the right panel of your document.