With document templates, you can create documents pre-populated with information and formatting. Templates are great for repeated processes, like meeting agendas and newsletters.
Create a template
To create a new document template:
- Open the document you’d like to use as a base.
- Add any formatting, content, and styles you’d like to appear in the template.
- From the File toolbar, click Save As .
- Choose Template from the menu.
- Name your new template and click Create.
Note: Only inline content will appear in documents that use this template. Links, permissions, attachments, and comments will not be copied.
Once you create a template, you can edit it at any time. These edits only apply to future uses of the template and won't change any existing documents.
Use a template
After you make a template, you can quickly create a new document from Home.
To create a document from your template:
- From Home, click Create .
- Select Document , then select Document from Template from the menu.
- Choose your template.
- Click Create. A tab opens with your new document.