After creating or importing a document, you may want to change the Document Properties.
View Document Properties
To access the document properties window:
- Select the File toolbar.
- From the Properties icon, select Document Properties.
The Document Properties window has three sections: General, Page Formats, and Table Formats.
Change General Settings
The General tab lets you make document-wide changes.
Use this section to:
- Change your document’s name and set the document type
- Adjust line formatting for the entire document
- Set whether or not all editors can publish links
- Use smart quotes in newly added text, which curves quotation marks and apostrophes inward toward your text
- Change text, number, and date formatting based on your document’s language (including spellcheck if currently supported)
Note: Enabling smart quotes only creates curly punctuation on newly added content and does not change the formatting of existing text.
Format a Document
The Page Format tab controls the overall document layout.
In this section you can:
- Adjust your document’s paper size, orientation, and number of columns
- Change the margin size and style for your entire document
- Enable line numbers and set whether they are continuous or restart on each page
- Access your document’s style guide
If you enable Page Borders, you can select your border's width and color.
The Table Formats tab contains the default text and formatting styles specifically for tables.
View Section Properties
You can change the properties for an individual section by adjusting the Section Properties. You can view section properties from the Properties menu in the File toolbar or by clicking the gear icon in the right panel.
The settings in this panel allow you to create a section that doesn’t use the document-wide settings from Document Properties.
From the bottom of this panel, you can toggle on page borders or line numbering for the selected section.