With document templates, you can create documents pre-populated with information and formatting. Templates are great for repeated processes, like meeting agendas and newsletters.
Create a template
To create a new document template:
- Open the document you’d like to use as a base.
- Add any formatting, content, and styles you’d like to appear in the template. To allow for minor variations within the content, you can add content placeholders.
- From the File toolbar, click Save As.
- Choose Template from the menu.
- Name your new template and click Create.
Once you create a template, you can edit it at any time. These edits only apply to future uses of the template and won't change any existing documents.
Use a template
After you make a template, you can quickly create a new document from Home.
To create a document from your template:
- From Home, click Create.
- Select Document, then select Document from Template from the menu. **Screens don't have NEW on these two options anymore and Classic Wdesk option isn't there anymore**
- Choose your template.
- Click Create. A tab opens with your new document.