Link content from a document to other files in Workiva to keep your information consistent across all files. You can create source links from text and tables in Documents.
Source links, marked with blue indicators, are the original sources of information, while destination links, marked with green indicators, are other instances of that information.
Changes can only be made at the source link. Publishing a source link updates the information at all destination links.
Linking from Text
After you add text to your document, you can create a source link to other documents in Workiva. A blue outline and indicator appear around source links in text.
To create a link from text:
- Highlight the text you want to link from.
- Right-click the text and select Create Source Link . A blue outline appears around the text.
If you change the text in a source link, an orange indicator appears to show the change is unpublished.
To remove a source link on text, right-click the text and select Remove Links .
To create a destination link:
- Copy the text of the source link using CTRL + C on your keyboard.
- Paste the text at the desired location using CTRL + V. A green outline appears around the text, indicating a destination link.
Linking from Tables
You can also directly link to table cells within a document.
To create a link from a cell:
- Select the cell and use your keyboard or right-click to copy the cell.
- Use CTRL +V on your keyboard to paste the cell into your other Workiva file. You can paste the link in another cell or as a line of text.
- If you're pasting to another cell, from the clipboard , select Create Links from and choose the appropriate option.
If you change a linked value in the source table, an orange indicator appears to show the change is unpublished.
When you first create a link, Workiva automatically publishes that change. Click Publish in the toolbar to make any changes after creating the initial link. Clicking the Publish button shares your pending changes and updates any references to that link, such as formulas. This does not publish link changes made by other users.
Document owners can also publish all links made by collaborators by selecting Publish All Links from this menu. The publisher can see whose changes were released by clicking the notification in the bottom right. Anyone whose changes were published this way also receives a notification.