You can track the history of a document through the revisions and features of the History panel. You can also copy content from a previous revision and paste into a current document, allowing you to re-use historical content.
View Document History
To access the panel, select the History icon from the sidebar. You’ll see a list of revisions In the History panel for your document. The History panel shows all document revisions and allows you to see who made changes to a document and when.
Revisions are groups of edits that are automatically saved every five minutes. Creating a document creates the first document revision.
The name of the author is visible for each revision, as well as a small swatch with an assigned color for the author.
When you hover over a revision, the entry is highlighted and you can click on the arrow on the right to access a menu of actions.
The menu includes the following options:
- Open opens the revision in a new tab.
- Export PDF exports that revision of the entire presentation. This allows you to download a specific revision in order to send historical versions to stakeholders or auditors.
- Create Blackline allows you to compare two different revisions.
- Blackline Previous allows you to generate a blackline of two adjacent revisions.
- Send for Review allows you to send your current document or a prior revision for review. Recipients will receive an email with a link to the chosen revision.
- Create Milestone allows you to enter a name for a milestone and add remarks. Milestones are used to mark a notable revision for quick reference in the future. If a revision is already marked as a milestone, you will have the option to Remove Milestone.
Create and View Milestones
When a milestone is created, an empty star appears in the upper left-hand corner for that revision in the history panel. You can click on the star to add a yellow fill and mark that milestone as significant.
You can filter revisions in the History panel by milestones, starred revisions, time period, and author. This allows you to quickly find important revisions of your document.
To filter your revisions:
- Click on the Show Filters icon in the top right corner of the History panel.
- To filter by milestones, check the box to Show Milestones or Show Starred.
- Use the Updated drop-down to filter by time period.
- Enter the name of an author to filter by Author.