You can add numbers to your slides to help you order them during a presentation. Insert slide numbers and format them using the options for text in the Edit toolbar. Add a slide number to a layout to have sequential numbers appear on all slides based on that layout. Restart or continue slide numbers for each section of your Presentation.
Insert slide numbers
Add numbers to a slide layout so that they appear on all slides based on that layout.
To add numbers to a layout:
- Go to the View tab in the toolbar.
- Click the Layout icon.
- From the left outline panel select the Slide Layout where you want to insert numbers.
- Click on the name of the layout and select Properties . This opens the Layout Properties panel on the right.
- Under the Numbering section you can click the Insert Slide Number button. This will insert a text box with a default number on the layout slide.
- Move the text box with the number to a desired location on the slide.
Format slide numbers
Format slide numbers using the options Edit toolbar. To add a prefix or suffix text to the slide number:
- Double click in the text box before or after the page number.
- Type in your prefix and/or suffix.
- To return to the regular slide view, click Back in the upper left of the toolbar.
Restart or continue slide numbers
Make adjustments to slide numbering by right-clicking on a slide and choosing Properties . In the slide properties panel you can select one of the following options:
- Continue number from previous slide: keeps the numbering for the selected slide in continuous order from the previous slide.
- Restart slide numbering: starts numbering for the selected slide at the number you choose.
Delete slide numbers
To delete slide numbers from slides based on a slide layout:
- Go to the View tab in the toolbar. Click the Layout icon.
- Choose the slide layout you want to work with.
- Select the page number. Press Delete on your keyboard.
When you delete the number from a slide layout, this removes the number from all the slides that are based on that layout. Slide numbers that are not based on a layout are deleted in the regular slide view.