Org Security Admins, Org Workspace Admins, and Org User Admins can retrieve a list of actions performed in the organization or a specific workspace. You can use the list of activities to review actions performed in your organization, such as user logins, new users being added, role changes, and changes to organization or workspace settings. These activities are available directly in the Workiva platform and can be exported from Organization Admin or Workspace Settings.
To view activities for your organization:
- Click your name in the bottom left, then select Organization Admin.
- In the left panel, click Activities.
By default, you’ll see the first 100 activities. You can scroll down to load and see more activities. Scroll to the right to see additional activity details, such as time and IP address.
You can filter activities by Date Range, by the Member who performed the action, and by Action.
- Workspace: the workspace where the activity occurred, if applicable
- Summary: a description of the activity
- Performed by (name): the name of the user performing the activity
- Applied to (name): the name of the user receiving the activity, if applicable
- Action: the type of the activity, such as changing a workspace setting or copying a document
- Time: the time the activity occurred in UTC
- IP Address: the IP address where the activity came from
- Performed by (username): the username of the person performing the action
- Applied to (username): the username of the person impacted by the activity, if applicable
- Details: technical information about the activity
Identify duplicate activities
Workiva is in the process of phasing out Classic activities and introducing a set of new, more standard activities. During this transitional phase, you may see duplicate activities logged in your report. To help you identify the Classic activities being phased out, they are highlighted in the Action column of your reports. If you rely on the names of these Classic activities today, we recommend that you transition to referencing the new activity name instead.
For more information, see Activity duplicates in activity reports.
You can export activities to a .csv file if you need to do additional filtering or to share activity data. After applying any desired filters to the activities list, click Export current view to quickly export the current view of the activity report. You can also choose to export current view without the Details column.