To import data from Wdata into a spreadsheet, you can connect a query to each sheet. From the Wdata Connections panel, you can:
- View and manage the queries connected to each sheet of the spreadsheet
- Adjust the parameters of connected queries
- Refresh connections to update the spreadsheet's data
Note: On the panel, the current sheet of the spreadsheet appears with a black bar. To open a connected sheet, select Go To Sheet from its connection's menu.
To ensure data integrity, Wdata connections lock connected cells in their sheets. To update a sheet's connected data, refresh its connection. In the spreadsheet's Overlay, locked cells with data from a Wdata connection are shown in green.
Connect a Query to a Sheet
Note: To update a connected sheet's connection to Wdata, you may need to first migrate the connection from the Connected Sheets panel.
From the Wdata Connections panel, a spreadsheet's Owner can connect each sheet to a query they have permission to view in Wdata.
- In the spreadsheet, select the sheet to connect to a query.
- From the Wdata Connections panel , click Add Connection .
- Select the query to connect to the sheet, and click Next.
- Set any parameters for the query, and click Connect.
To open a connected query in Wdata, click its name, or select Open Source from its sheet's menu.
Note: Each sheet can have only one connection. If collaborators simultaneously add multiple connections to a sheet, it uses the most recent connection; other connections appear as Overridden so you can choose which to use.
Refresh a Spreadsheet's Connected Queries
To update a sheet with the latest data, a spreadsheet's Owner or Editor can click its connection's Refresh Connection from the Wdata Connections panel.
Update a Connected Query's Parameters
If a query includes parameters, you can set the criteria of the data to include in its connected sheet, such as to roll its time period forward or back. To update a query's parameters:
- On the Wdata Connections panel, select the connection.
- Under Parameters, select the criteria of the data to include in the connected sheet.
- Click Apply & Refresh.
Rename a Connection
By default, each connection uses the same name as its connected sheet. To edit a connection's name, select Rename Connection from its menu on the Wdata Connections panel.
Replace a Connected Query
To change the query connected to a sheet:
- From the Wdata Connections panel, select Replace Source from the connection's menu.
- Select the query to connect to the sheet instead.
- Set any parameters for the new connection, and click Replace.
Remove a Connection
To disconnect a sheet from its query, such as to retain the snapshot of its data, select Remove Connection from the connection's menu on the Wdata Connections panel.
Collaboration in Wdata Connections
A spreadsheet's Owner can connect its sheets to queries they have permission to view in Wdata.
If you collaborate on the spreadsheet with others, their access to a connection depends on their permissions to the query and sheet:
|Query Permission||Sheet Permission||Connection Access|
|Viewer, Editor, or Owner||Viewer or None||Locked|
|Viewer||Editor||Refresh the query and update its parameters|
|Editor or Owner||Owner||Full access|