A recent release to the Workiva Platform included improvements to the following products and features:
Cut/Copy/Paste now available for floating objects
Note: This feature is primarily for ESG and ESEF customers with floating objects enabled who have opted into the new designed reporting capabilities.
Users can now move and duplicate boxes, shapes, tables, images, and charts across sections.
You can now use keyboard shortcuts to cut/copy/paste floating objects. Duplicating objects will remain available by selecting CTRL/CMD+D within a section.
Blacklines and Send for Review support for floating content
Note: This feature is primarily for ESG and ESEF customers who have opted into the new designed reporting capabilities.
Improvements have been made in Blacklines and Send for Review to support floating content in Documents.
- Floating content change tracking: Newly created blacklines now track the addition and deletion of floating content (text boxes, shapes, images, charts, and tables). These changes are only tracked within the Workiva Platform and not yet in PDF formats.
- New blackline changes panel: You can now view and navigate to each change in a section using the new Blackline Changes right-hand panel.
- New blackline view modes: You can now see the changes using three view modes:
- Show all changes (default): Shows both added and removed content for a detailed review experience.
- Show pins: Shows only the added content to give you a clean view of the latest revision while indicating where and what additions have occurred.
- Hide changes: Hides all changes to give you a clean view of the latest revision.
Send for Review improvements:
- Floating content change support: You now have the option of sending reviews of document blacklines. Reviewers can see and comment on the addition and deletion of floating content located within the document. They can also see descriptions of revisions that have been made to the document via the Blackline Changes panel.
- Choose default view: You can choose what type of view mode reviewers automatically use when opening a document blackline review.