The Add Missing Columns template is used to add columns to a data file. This is useful when integrating with outside systems that requires your data files to contain a fixed number of columns.
The following connectors must be enabled by an org security administrator:
Build your template
The Add Missing Columns template is located in the Workiva Chains section of the Templates screen.
Here's how to find it:
- In Chain Builder, go to the Templates tab.
- Select Workiva Chains from the menu at the top.
- Search for Add Missing Columns at the top right and open the template.
After locating your template, configure it to for your workspace using the variables listed below.
Note: For detailed instructions on creating a chain from a template, see the Create and manage chains article.
|Contains the default value that will be populated in the missing columns. To insert a blank value, enter two single quotes ('').
|Dynamic chain variable
|Used to determine which fields are missing. There is no need to populate this with an initial value.
A workspace resource that contains the list of all fields expected in the data file.
Example file format:
- Advanced Query - Get Fields in Raw Data: This node assumes the target data file is comma-delimited. If using a different delimiter, then update the input delimiter.
- Render Text Template - Create SQL to Reorder: The parameter can be updated to account for any fields that need to be formatted during the query execution in the subsequent Advanced Query command.
- Render Text Template - Create SQL to Add Missing Fields: If you're not reordering the output, this node can be modified per the Render Text Template - Create SQL to Reorder notes listed above.