With the Tabular Transformation connector, you can use commands in a chain to update or transform tabular data such as comma- or delimiter-separated values (CSV or DSV) files. You can use this connector with an earlier command's output for use later in the chain, such as to:
- Add headers or row numbers to tabular data
- Apply filters to columns or rows
- Convert files to or from CSV
- Insert or join columns
- Find and replace or extract values
The Tabular Transformation connector requires any input tabular data follows the Request for Comments (RFC) 4180 technical standard. To ensure a transformation succeeds, verify the input file:
- Stores data as plain text, using a character set such as ASCII, Unicode (e.g., UTF-8), EBCDIC, or Shift JIS
- Consists of one record per line, with records divided into fields separated by a delimiter value
Note: A delimiter is typically a single reserved character—such as a comma, semicolon, or tab—and may include optional spaces.
- Follows the same sequence of fields for every record
- Is a flat file or relational data report output
Set up the Tabular Transformation connector
Note: To make the connector available for use in your organization's chains, an org security administrator first enables it from Configuration.
- From Chain Builder, click Connections , and then Create at the top right.
- Under BizApp Connection, select Tabular Transformation and the default CloudRunner.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the connector.
- Select the environments to use the connection, and click Save.
If a command fails:
- Ensure the selected Delimiter input matches the delimiter used in the input tabular data.
- Verify any input tabular data complies with the RFC 4180 technical standard.
- Ensure the records in the tabular data all have the same number of columns.
- With the Stack Files command, verify all input files have the same number of columns.