Embed a hyperlink in an imageAnswered
Is it possible to embed a hyperlink in an image in Next Gen Presentations? I'm converting a PowerPoint where we have clickable images to Presentations, and I'm not seeing a way to do that currently. Is there a plan to implement this or is there a workaround that can be used?
Great question. I did some checking first to see if it was available, which it is currently not. At this time there's not any ongoing work to add this feature in but there has been other requests for it as well. I've added your name to the list of interested parties and we'll keep you updated with any movement here.
Aside from that, I was able to find a clever workaround. Here's my steps:
- Insert image into Presentation
- Insert text box and add a chunk of text in (I wrote 'Click here')
- Hyperlink that text to where you want it to go (another slide, another document, or a website)
- Place that text box on top of the image you inserted
- Change the color of the font to be white (or whatever your background is)
- Lastly, right click on the text box, choose Arrange and then Send to Back. This ensures the text is behind the image.
- To check if it works, go to View > Present and click on the image. Viola!
It might be hard to tell in my example, but my mouse changes from a pointer to hand and when I click on it, it takes me to a website (the community site) in a new tab.
Hopefully this workaround can get you where you're going. I suppose really any shape with a hyperlink of text would do. Sadly, i think it might not work if you had a vibrate background that wasn't a solid color. Unless your image were solid too, which would hide the text.
Let me know what questions you have or if you need anything else. Thanks as always for your contributions and chat with you soon!0
Any updates on this request? It would be very very helpful to have this feature on presentations and documents, as we can set a clickable image to go to the previous, the following or another specific section. That could help gaining time while navigating through presentations and possible documents too.
Currently, I had to do the same workaround you've just mentioned above.0
Sadly no new updates on this one, but I've gone ahead and poked our developers again on this one and shared your feedback as well. I'll add you as a requestor on our end will keep you apprised of any updates.
Thanks for sharing and let us know what questions you have. Cheers!0
Please sign in to leave a comment.