The SEC has announced an additional 45-day extension on filings through July 1, here: https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2020-73. Though this so far not being well used, there has been some questions about it. In general, you should reach out to your legal counsel to confirm, but here's our overall interpretation.
- To make use of this 45-day extension, you would want to file either a Form 8-K (or Form 6-K, if applicable) to request it.
- In said filing, you should add:
- a reference that you're relying on the Order,
- why the current situations are making it so you can't meet your deadline,
-the estimated date by which you expect to file, and;
-if material, a risk factor describing the impacts on your business
- If you can not make this 45-day deadline, then you would need to file a Form NT-10Q (12B-25)
That being said, we are curious how many have already or plan to utilize these extra measures in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, and are be willing to share any tips or experiences?
Please sign in to leave a comment.