This feature is only included in ESG, FERC, and select SEC solutions. If you would like to learn more about this Workiva add-on, contact your Customer Success Manager.
Multi-sheet editing allows file Owners and Editors to perform the same edit across multiple sheets in a spreadsheet. In this article, you will learn how to select multiple sheets in the outline and apply the same changes across each sheet.
Select multiple sheets in the outline
You can select multiple continuous or discontinuous sheets within your outline.
To select multiple sheets in your spreadsheet outline:
- Click on a sheet in the outline to make it your active sheet.
- Press and hold the Ctrl (Windows) or Command ⌘ (Mac) key on your keyboard to select sheets in the outline that you would like to apply changes to. Press and hold the Ctrl (Windows)+Shift or Command ⌘ (Mac)+ Shift keys on your keyboard to select multiple, continuous sheets.
In the outline, the active sheet is highlighted in a darker shade of blue, while the other selected sheets are highlighted in a lighter shade of blue.
- Click on a selected sheet a second time to remove it from the selection. Only the active sheet will remain selected even if you click on the sheet a second time.
Note: To deselect all sheets except the active sheet, select Shift and click on the active sheet.
Use multi-sheet editing
You can perform multi-sheet edits on any unrestricted sheet in which you have at least Editor permissions. When multiple sheets are selected in the outline, only available multi-sheet editing actions are shown as active in tabs and menus.
To apply changes across multiple selected sheets:
- Select the appropriate sheets in the outline.
- Make a change to the active sheet.
- This change is automatically applied to the other selected sheets.
- Select any sheet in the outline that is not the active sheet to exit multi-sheet editing mode.
Undo a change
To undo changes that were applied across multiple sheets, select Undo in the top left corner of the screen.
Changes that can be applied
Below is a list of the actions or changes that can be applied when multiple sheets are selected within your spreadsheet outline:
|Area of the platform:||Changes that can be applied:|
|Cell right-click menu||
*These actions are available when editing multiple sheets, but they are not exclusively applied to the selected sheets.