With the Data Prep connector, you can run pipelines to transform and map tabular data.
To interact with data from an on-premise resource, the connector requires a GroundRunner to perform its tasks.
Set up the Data Prep connector
Note: To make the connector available for use in your organization's chains, an org security administrator first enables it from Configuration.
- From Chain Builder, click Connections and Add Connection .
- Under BizApp Connection, select Data Prep and the runner to use with the connection.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the connector.
- Select the environments to use with the connection, and click Save.
Note: To use this connector in a chain, first create the pipeline to run with its Run pipeline command.
To test the connection, create and run a chain with the connector's Run pipeline command, and verify it returns a valid output.
- If the connector's Run pipeline command fails, compare the input file with the pipeline's column definition and check for unmapped rows. To include all rows in the input file, even those not mapped in the pipeline, check Keep unmapped fields for the command.
- If a formula that works in Excel produces a "#ERROR!" followed by a preview message of "General Error" in Pipelines; please ensure that the formula does not start with the equals (=) operator. That is an assumption that is made on behalf of the platform and is not needed.