After running your process, you’ll be able to track the status of each action, make edits, or cancel individual actions or the entire process.
If your process has content requests, learn more about monitoring content requests in a process.
If your process has certification actions, learn more about monitoring certification actions in a process.
Monitor a process
From the process status view, you can see:
- Each action and its status:
- Sent this task or request has been sent to the assignee
- Waiting this task or request is waiting to be sent to the assignee
- Complete this task has been marked as done by the assignee (or the approver, if you’ve assigned one)
- Approval this task was completed by the assignee and is awaiting review from the approver
- Returned this task has been rejected by the approver and returned for rework
- Canceled this task or the process it was in has been canceled
- The due date for each action
- A chart showing the progress at a glance
- When your process was run
- The action trigger (All at the same time, One after another, or Manual)
- Your process's overall status (Running, completed, or canceled)
You can customize your view of the actions list using the configurable columns. Add a column using the plus sign or click on a column heading to view the configuration options.
You can view what percentage of your actions are in each category in the chart in the right panel.
Send a reminder
If an assignee or approver hasn't completed their task, you can send a reminder. Reminders are only sent to the people the task is currently assigned to.
To send a reminder for an individual action:
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the action.
- Select Remind to manually send a reminder to the current assignees.
You can also send reminders for multiple actions using the Remind feature in the toolbar. You can send a reminder for all incomplete tasks or just tasks with a certain status, like Sent or Returned.
Add additional actions
You can still add additional actions while your process is running.
To add an action from this view:
- Click Add action in the toolbar.
- Select a type of action.
- Enter your action’s information.
- Click Add action, and the new action will start according to the process's action trigger.
Edit an action
If your process has content requests, learn more about editing content requests that have already started.
If your process has certification actions, learn more about editing certification actions that have already started.
Even if a run is currently in progress, you can make changes to existing actions using the dropdown menu next to an individual action.
To edit an existing action:
- Click the dropdown arrow next to an action.
- Select Edit action from the menu.
You can edit any part of your action, including the assignee, location, and due date. Once you save your edits, the assignee and approver (if applicable) will receive email notifications.
Note: Editing the assignee or location will automatically select the Restart action on save checkbox. This restart is required when editing the assignee or location, but is optional for all other edits.
Cancel an action
If you no longer need an action in your current process and it hasn’t been completed yet, you can cancel it by clicking the dropdown arrow and selecting Cancel. This cancels the action and notifies any assignees.
Cancel a process
If you no longer need a process that’s already running, you can cancel it to stop any actions currently in progress and prevent new tasks from being sent out.
Note: If you want to delete a running process file from Home or Files, you’ll need to cancel it first.
To cancel a process, click Cancel in the toolbar. This cancels all actions that have already started and notifies assignees that their task has been canceled.
Note: Canceling a process doesn’t reset any file permissions for tasks that were already sent out. However, if a collaborator was granted Editor permission for a content request that's already been sent, their permission level is reassigned to None.
You’ll also receive an email letting you know how many tasks were completed before canceling, as well as how many actions were canceled.
Monitor all processes from Home
The Processes list in Home provides a useful way to monitor the status of multiple processes at once. This list shows you all of the processes where you have at least Viewer permissions. Only processes that have been run are displayed.
You can see the following information for each process:
- Process name: The title of the process
- Created by: The user who ran the process
- Started: When the process was run
- Due: The process due date
- Complete: When the process was completed
- Status: What percentage of the process’s actions are in each status category
From this list, you can click the dropdown menu next to a process to:
- Go to the process
- Send reminders
- Update process properties
- View permissions
Sort and filter the list of processes
You can sort and filter the list of processes to more easily find what you’re looking for:
By default, the list is sorted beginning with the most recently run process. You can change this by clicking on a column heading to sort in ascending order. Click the heading again to sort in descending order. You can sort the list using the Process name, Started, and Due column headings.
Use the filter options to narrow down the processes that are displayed. Filter by the process’s status by clicking the Filter icon to expand the dropdown and selecting a status.
Filter by the process’s name by typing all or part of the process’s name in the search box.
Once you find the process you’re looking for, click the process name to open the file, or expand the dropdown menu for more options.