After starting your process, you’ll be able to track the status of each action and make edits, if needed.
View action status
From this view, you’ll see a status next to each action:
- Sent this task or request has been sent to the assignee
- Complete this task has been marked as done by the assignee (or the approver, if you’ve assigned one)
- Approval this task was completed by the assignee and is awaiting review from the approver
- Returned this task has been rejected by the approver and returned to the assignee for rework
- Canceled this task or the process it was in has been canceled
Customize your view of the actions list using the configurable columns. Add a column using the plus sign or click on a column heading to view the configuration options.
- Move column left: Moves the selected column one space to the left
- Move column right: Moves the selected column one space to the right
- Add column: Select other available columns to add to the view to the right
- Remove column: Removes the selected column from the view
You can view what percentage of your actions are in each category in the chart in the right panel.
Edit or cancel an action
Even if a run is currently in progress, you can make changes to existing actions using the dropdown menu next to an individual action.
Edit an action
To edit an existing action:
- Click the drop-down arrow next to an action.
- Select Edit action from the menu.
You can edit any part of your action, including the assignee, location, and due date. Once you save your edits, the assignee and approver (if applicable) receive email notifications.
Note: Editing the assignee or location will automatically select the "Restart action on save" checkbox. This restart is required when editing the assignee or location, but is optional for all other edits.
Edit content requests
Note: Content requests are currently only available in ESG solutions and in the Data Collection or ESG Compliance add-ons.
When editing a content request, permissions are updated automatically for both assignees and approvers:
- New assignees are granted Edit access. Old assignees are set to the “None” permission.
- New approvers are granted View access. Old approvers are set to the “None” permission.
Permissions work similarly when editing locations, as users are automatically granted access to the new location and set to “None” at the old location.
Note: Approvers can be changed at any time, but they can’t be fully removed when the status is set to “approval” or “returned.” In these states, you must restart the action to complete the removal.
Cancel an action
If you no longer need an action in your current process and it hasn’t been completed yet, you can cancel it by clicking the arrow and selecting Cancel. This cancels the action’s task and notifies any assignees. If a collaborator was granted Editor permission for a content request that's already been sent, their permission level is reassigned to "None".
Add additional actions
If you’ve already started your process, you can still add additional actions while your process is running.
To add an action from this view:
- Click Add action in the toolbar.
- Select a type of action.
- Enter your action’s information.
- If your Process is set to run One after another, select which existing action you want your new one to follow.
- Click Add action to start your action and notify your assignee of their new task.
Send a reminder
If an assignee or approver hasn't completed their task, you can send a reminder. Reminders are only sent to the person the task is currently assigned to.
To send a reminder for an individual action:
- Click the arrow next to the action.
- Select Remind to automatically send a reminder to the current assignee.
You can also send reminders for multiple actions using the Remind feature in the toolbar. You can send a reminder for all incomplete tasks or just tasks with a certain status, like Sent or Returned.
Cancel a process
If you no longer need a process that’s already been started, you can cancel it to stop any actions currently in progress and prevent new tasks from being sent out.
Note: If you want to delete a running process file from Home or Files, you’ll need to cancel it first.
To cancel a process, click Cancel in the toolbar. This cancels all running actions and notifies assignees that their task has been canceled.
Note: Canceling a process doesn’t reset any file permissions for tasks that were already sent out. However, if a collaborator was granted Editor permission for a content request that's already been sent, their permission level is reassigned to None.
You’ll also receive an email letting you know how many tasks were completed before canceling, as well as how many actions were canceled.
Monitor all processes from Home
The Processes list in Home provides a useful way to monitor the status of multiple processes at once.
The Processes list shows you all of the processes where you have at least Viewer permissions. Only processes that have already started are displayed.
You can see the following information for each process:
- Process name: Title of the process
- Created by: Person who started the process
- Started: Date the process started
- Due: Process due date
- Complete: Date the process was completed
- Status: Shows what percentage of the process’ actions are in each status category
From this list, you can click the drop-down menu for each process to:
- Go to the process
- Send reminders
- Update and view process properties
- View the permissions
Sort and filter the list of processes
You can use the sort and filter features to show processes specific to what you’re looking for.
By default, the list is sorted beginning with the most recently started process. You can change this by clicking on a column heading to sort in ascending order. Click the heading again to sort in descending order. You can sort the list using the Process name, Started, and Due column headings.
Use the filter options to narrow down the list of processes displayed based on the defined characteristics. You can filter with both the drop-down options and the search bar.
Click the Filter icon to expand the drop-down and select the status of the processes you’d like to see.
To use the search box, type all or part of the process name. The list will filter to show Process Names that include the exact string of characters you type.
Once you find the process you’re looking for, click the process name to open the file, or expand the drop-down menu for more options.