After starting your process, you’ll be able to track the status of each action and make edits, if needed.
View action status
From this view, you’ll see a status next to each action:
- Sent this task or request has been sent to the assignee
- Complete this task has been marked as done by the assignee (or the approver, if you’ve assigned one)
- Approval this task was completed by the assignee and is awaiting review from the approver
- Returned this task has been rejected by the approver and returned to the assignee for rework
- Canceled this task or the process it was in has been canceled
You can view what percentage of your actions are in each category in the chart in the right panel.
Edit or cancel an action
Even if a run is currently in progress, you can make changes to existing actions using the dropdown menu next to an individual action.
Edit an action
To edit an existing action:
- Click the arrow next to an action.
- Select Edit Action from the menu.
You can edit any part of your action, including the assignee and the due date. Once you save your edits, the assignee and approver (if applicable) receive email notifications.
Note: Editing an action cancels the action listed in the process and replaces it with the new, updated action information.
Cancel an action
If you no longer need an action in your current process and it hasn’t been completed yet, you can cancel it by clicking the arrow and selecting Cancel. This cancels the action’s task and notifies any assignees.
Note: Canceling an action doesn’t reset a file’s permissions. If a collaborator was granted Editor permission for a task that’s already been sent, you’ll need to manually update these permissions.
Add additional actions
If you’ve already started your process, you can still add additional actions while your process is running.
To add an action from this view:
- Click Add Action in the toolbar.
- Select a type of action.
- Fill out your action’s information.
- If your Process is set to run One after another, select which existing action you want your new one to follow.
- Click Add Action to start your action and notify your assignee of their new task.
Send a reminder
If an assignee or approver hasn't completed their task, you can send a reminder. Reminders are only sent to the person the task is currently assigned to.
To send a reminder for an individual action:
- Click the arrow next to the action.
- Select Remind to automatically send a reminder to the current assignee.
You can also send reminders for multiple actions using the Remind feature in the toolbar. You can send a reminder for all incomplete tasks or just tasks with a certain status, like Sent or Returned.
Cancel a process
If you no longer need a process that’s already been started, you can cancel it to stop any actions currently in progress and prevent new tasks from being sent out.
Note: If you want to delete a running process file from Home or Files, you’ll need to cancel it first.
To cancel a process, click Cancel in the toolbar. This cancels all running actions and notifies assignees that their task has been canceled.
Note: Canceling a process doesn’t reset any file permissions for tasks that were already sent out. Check your file’s permissions to make sure your collaborators still have the access they need.
You’ll also receive an email letting you know how many tasks were completed before canceling, as well as how many actions were canceled.