With the Microsoft Excel® connector, you can use commands to manage Excel workbooks—XLS, XLSX, and XLSM—in a chain. For example, with this connector, you can:
- Create an Excel workbook based on multiple files
- List all sheets in a workbook
- Convert data from a worksheet to a tabular file
Set up a Microsoft Excel connector
Note: To make the connector available for use in your organization's chains, an org security administrator first enables it from Configuration.
- From Chains, click Connections and Add Connection .
- Under BizApp Connection, select Microsoft Excel and the default CloudRunner.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the connector.
- Select the environments to use with the connection, and click Save.
- To test the connection, create and run a chain with the connector's List Sheets command, and verify it returns a valid output.
If a Microsoft Excel connector command fails, verify the name of the Excel workbook to interact with.
If the Worksheet to CSV command doesn't convert any data:
- Verify the name or index of the sheet within the workbook to extract data from.
- Ensure the cell range within the sheet—based on the command's Start cell, End column, and End row properties—contains data.