During the review process, you may want to markup attachments to note requests and approvals.
Open an attachment
To markup an attachment, you’ll need to open an existing attachment in Workiva. Learn more about uploading attachments.
To open the Markup Viewer:
- From the Attachments panel, click the arrow next to an attachment.
- Select Open in Markup Viewer .
Your attachment opens in a new tab.
Use the Markup toolbar
The Markup toolbar allows you to add drawings, symbols, stamps, and text to your attachment.
You can add lines and shapes using the icons on the toolbar.
To change shape’s fill or outline color, use the dropdown menus.
To add text, select the Text tool and click in your document to add a text box. You can change the font’s size or color from the dropdown menus.
You can add different icons, like tie out symbols and tickmarks, from the options on the toolbar.
To mark your attachment as approved or reviewed, you can add a Stamp. Select an option from the menu to automatically add your stamp to the first page of your attachment.
Your username and the date are automatically added to this stamp. Adjust your stamp’s size to view all the included information.
To remove an item, select the item and click Remove or press BACKSPACE on your keyboard.
Export attachments with markup
After marking up your document, you can export your attachment with the markup included.
To export your document:
- From the Attachments panel in your main document, click the arrow next to the attachment.
- Select Download.
- Choose an option:
- Original downloads the file without markup.
- As PDF with Markup includes your markup content.
- Zip (original, PDF) downloads a copy of your original file and the marked up PDF into a single folder.