This article is for:
If a standard taxonomy concept does not fit a value in your report, you may need to create an extension concept unique to your company in order to tag accurately. You can choose to either extend a Standard Concept, or to build an extension from the Extensions Tab.
Extend a Standard Concept
To create extension concepts:
- Open Concept Selector and search for the concept you will use as an anchor.
- On the concept, click the green plus symbol and choose “Build Extension From” or “Build Extension to”. Required concept properties, marked with asterisks, will be auto-filled based on the concept being extended.
- Confirm the extension details are correct and click the green check mark to save the new extension.
Build an Extension from Extensions Tab
To build an extension from the Extensions Tab:
- Open Concept Selector and click the Extensions Tab.
- In the drop-down at the top, click Create Anchored Extension or Create Sub-total Extension. Anchored extensions will also include fields to associate Wider and Narrower Anchors. Wide and Narrow refer to the scope of the taxonomy concept. Narrower Anchors are still part of the Wider Anchor but have a more restricted scope.
Note: All required fields must be manually updated when creating an extension from the Extensions Tab.
- Fill out the Extension Concept and click the green check-mark to save the extension.
Edit Extension Concepts
To edit an extension concept:
- Click the current concept in the Fact Details panel.
- In the concept selector, click the drop-down menu for the extension concept you want to edit and select Edit. From this menu you can also deprecate extensions you no longer use, or un-deprecate extensions you have previously deprecated.
- Make the necessary changes and click the green check-mark to save the changes.