To automatically pause a chain for a period of time—up to 24 hours—or for another chain to complete before proceeding to the next node, add a Pause Chain event.
Step 1. Add the event to the chain
- From Chains , click Build and click Edit for the chain.
- Click Chain Events , and move Pause Chain to where the event should occur in the chain.
- Drag a link to the event from its preceding node, and click Edit.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the event.
Step 2. Set up the pause event
To pause the chain for a specific amount of time, specify how long to wait—from 1 second to 24 hours—and click Save.
To pause the chain for another chain's result:
- Select Wait for another Chain.
- In Wait Time and Wait Time Unit, specify how long to pause the chain—from 1 second to 24 hours.
- To help find the chain to wait for, select its workspace and environment.
- Select the chain to wait for.
- In Conditions to Wait For, select whether to pause the chain based on the status of the other chain:
- To pause the chain regardless of the other chain's status, select Any.
- To pause the chain only when the other chain completes with specific statuses, select the statuses, such as Failed and Warned.
- Click Save.