With the UltiPro® connector, you can use commands in a chain to run UltiPro reports and retrieve lists of reports and their parameters.
To enable the connection to UltiPro Business Intelligence Reports, the connector uses the UltiPro Reports-as-a-Service API via a SOAP-based web service, secured with basic username and password authentication. To set up the connector, you'll need:
- A designated UltiPro API web service account set up for the connector
- The web service's authentication credentials, and its customer and user keys
- The base service URL for the UltiPro API to connect to, such as
Set up the UltiPro connector
Note: To make the connector available for use in your organization's chains, an org security administrator first enables it from Configuration.
- From Chains, click Connections and Add Connection .
- Under BizApp Connection, select UltiPro and the default CloudRunner.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the connection.
- Under Properties, enter the connector's details:
Property Details Username Enter the username of the connector's API web services account. Password Enter the password for the Username property. Customer API key Enter the web service account's customer key, such as
User API key Enter the web service account's user key, such as
Host URL Enter the base service URL of the UltiPro API to connect to, such as
Note: All sensitive credentials are automatically encrypted and stored at Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)-256 encryption.
- Select the environments to use with the connection, and click Save.
- To test the connection, create and run a chain with the connector's Get Report List command, and verify it returns a valid output.
If the connection to UltiPro fails:
- Verify the web service account's authentication credentials.
- Verify the customer and user keys for the web service account.
- Check the base service URL of the UltiPro API.