With the Tableau® connector, you can use commands in a chain to interact with these versions of Tableau:
- 2019.x - 2019.4
- Tableau Online®
For example, with this connector, you can:
- Add users to Tableau groups or sites
- Build Tableau data and hyper extracts
- Bulk delete or update permissions in Tableau
- Create and manage Tableau projects, groups, and sites
- Manage Tableau datasources and views
To enable the connection, the connector uses the Tableau REST API, secured with basic username and password authentication. To set up the connector, you'll need:
- A designated integration user set up in Tableau for the connector
- The integration user's authentication credentials
- The URL of the Tableau instance to connect to, such as
https://[region].online.tableau.comfor Tableau Online
- The site to connect to within the Tableau instance
- The API version the Tableau instance uses, or the version of Tableau to connect to
Set Up the Tableau Connector
- From Chains, click Connections and Add Connection .
- Under BizApp Connection, select Tableau and the default CloudRunner.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the connection.
- Under Properties, enter the connector's details:
Property Details Username Enter the username of the connector's Tableau integration user. Password Enter the password for the Username property. Tableau URL Enter the base URL for the Tableau instance to connect to, such as
https://us-east-1.online.tableau.comfor Tableau Online.
Site Content URL Name Enter the ID to connect to within the Tableau instance. In the Tableau URL, the site ID appears after
Note: The site ID is case-sensitive.
Version Select the API version the Tableau instance uses, based on the version of Tableau.
Note: All sensitive credentials are automatically encrypted and stored at 2,048-bit encryption.
- Select the environments to use with the connection, and click Save.
- To test the connection, create and run a chain with the connector's Get Sites command, and verify it returns a valid output.
If the connection to Tableau fails:
- Verify the integration user's authentication credentials.
- Check the base URL and site ID of the Tableau instance and site to connect to.
- Verify the API version selected for the connector.