With the Oracle® PBCS & EPBCS connector, you can use commands in a chain to interact with Oracle Planning and Budget Cloud Service (PBCS) or Enterprise PBCS. For example, with this connector, you can:
- Convert comma-separated values (CSV) files to Planning file format, and vice versa
- Copy, export, and import snapshots in Oracle PBCS or EPBCS
- Upload, download, and delete files in Oracle PBCS or EPBCS
- Import and export PBCS or EPBCS mappings and metadata
- Run daily management batches, reports, and rules
To enable the connection, the connector uses the Oracle PBCS and EPBCS REST API, secured with basic username and password authentication. To set up the connection, you'll need:
- A designated integration user set up in Oracle PBCS or EPBCS for the connector
- The integration user's authentication credentials
- The application to connect to in Oracle PBCS or EPBCS
- The service name, identity domain, and data center region of the PBCS or EPBCS environment to connect to, or the full URL of the Oracle Cloud® instance if it differs from the normal URL structure
Note: If the environment's URL adheres to the normal structure, it contains the service name, identity domain, and data center region, such as
Set Up the Oracle PBCS & EPBCS Connector
- From Chains, click Connections and Add Connection .
- Under BizApp Connection, select Oracle PBCS & EPBCS and the runners to use the connector.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the connection.
- Under Properties, enter the connector's details:
Property Details Service Name Enter the service name of the Oracle PBCS or EPBCS environment to connect to. In the URL, the service name is typically the auto-generated string that immediately follows
Note: To distinguish test and production environments, Oracle appends
-testfor service names in test environments.
Domain name Enter the name of the environment's identity domain. In the URL, the identity domain is the auto-generated string that follows the dash
-after the service name.
Data Center Enter the data center region that hosts the environment. In the URL, the data center region appears immediately before
oraclecloud.com, such as
User Name Enter the username of the connector's Oracle integration user. Password Enter the password for the User Name property. Application Name Enter the name of the application in Oracle PBCS or EPBCS to connect to. Base URL (override) If your Oracle PBCS or EPBCS URL deviates from the normal structure, enter the full URL of the instance to connect to.
Note: All sensitive credentials are automatically encrypted and stored at 2,048-bit encryption.
- Select the environments to use with the connection, and click Save.
- To test the connection, create and run a chain with the connector's List Files command, and verify it returns a valid output.
If the connection to Oracle PBCS or EPBCS fails:
- Verify the authentication credentials of the connector's integration user.
- Check the service name, identity domain, and data center region from the Oracle PBCS or EPBCS URL. If your URL deviates from the normal structure, enter the full URL as the connector's Base URL (override) property.
- Check the name of the Oracle PBCS or EPBCS application to connect to.