Formerly known as Adaptive Insights, the Workday Adaptive Planning connector uses commands in a chain to import or export data or metadata.
To enable the connection, the connector uses the Workday Adaptive Planning REST API. To set up the connector, you'll need:
- An integration user set up in Adaptive Planning who has been assigned a role with appropriate permissions to perform the connector's commands.
- The integration user's username and password.
- If the integration user can access multiple instances of Adaptive Planning, the Instance Code they will connect to.
Note: To determine the integration user's available instance codes, you can use the Adaptive Planning
Set up the Workday Adaptive Planning connector
Note: To make the connector available for use in your organization's chains, an org security administrator first enables it from Configuration.
- From Chain Builder, click Connections , and then Create at the top right.
- Under BizApp Connection, select Workday Adaptive Planning and the default CloudRunner.
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the connector.
- Under Properties, enter the connection's details:
Property Details Username Enter the username of the integration user to use with the connector. Password Enter the password for Username. Instance code If the integration user can access multiple instances of Adaptive Planning, enter the code of the instance to connect to. To connect to the user's default instance, leave blank.
Note: All sensitive credentials are automatically encrypted and stored at Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)-256 encryption.
- Select the environments to use the connection, and click Save.
- To test the connection, create and run a chain with the connector's Export Versions command, and verify it returns a valid output.
If the connection to Workday Adaptive Planning fails:
- Verify the integration user's authentication credentials.
- Ensure the integration user's role has appropriate permissions for the commands the connector performs.
- If the integration user can access multiple instances of Adaptive Planning, check the instance code entered for the connector.