With a File Utilities connector, you can automatically start a chain when a specific type of event—such as Create, Modify, or Delete—occurs in a file directory.
- File Events must be for files on the server where the GroundRunner is deployed. Network drives or Network File Systems (NFS) are not supported.
Step 1. Start the chain with the trigger event
In the chain, click Trigger Event
Step 2. Set up the event's details
- Select the File Events node, and click Edit .
- Under Basic Info, enter a unique name and description to help identify the event.
- Under Trigger Event Details, select the File Utils connector to monitor for an event, and its GroundRunner.
- Enter details about the event:
Detail Description Directory Enter the full path of the directory to monitor for events, and press TAB. File name filter Enter the name of the file to monitor for an event. To monitor multiple files, enter a regular expression, or use a wildcard in the filename—
*in place of multiple characters,
?for a single character.
Sensitivity Enter how many seconds to wait after the event occurs to start the chain. Event type Select the type of event to monitor for—Create, Modify, Delete, Rename, or Permission change.
- Click Save.